Myrtle Beach is an easy drive from Charleston, WV! If you’re planning on a road trip to Myrtle Beach this summer, here are some fun things to do along the way before you reach the sun, surf, and sand.
- South of The Border. Just past the North Carolina/South Carolina border on Highway 501 is this one-of-a-kind roadside attraction. It is known for its clever signs, a kiddie ride park, reptile lagoon, and so much more.
- Myrtle Beach Visitors Center. Find one of these along your route and pick up a handful of money-saving coupons to use during your trip.
- Seafood Capital of the World. Make a detour to Calabash, North Carolina and enjoy some deliciously fried shrimp and fish. There are also numerous gift shops.
- Georgetown Harborwalk. Head just south of Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. Here you’ll find some of the most beautiful views of the ocean along with great restaurants and shops.
- Sweetgrass Basket Stands. You’ll find these iconic basket stands along many of the routes heading into Myrtle Beach. These hand-woven baskets represent one of the oldest forms of West African art in the country.
These are just a few of the most unusual and fun ways to spend your time while on a road trip to Myrtle Beach. What are some of your favorite Myrtle Beach destinations?