So when you first hit the road, it was all clear – but now, you realize that snow is slowly starting to fall all around you, sticking to the road and causing you to worry. Before you find yourself in this situation, check out these tips for driving in snow:
- If snow starts to accumulate, the first thing you need to do is slow down and be wary of black ice, which forms quickly.
- Maintain a slower speed that is much lower than the speed limit, and avoid any vehicles that appear to be going faster.
- In general, increase the distance between your car and the cars around you. If someone has to stop quickly, you’ll be glad you left additional room.
- Reduce any distractions such as music or a navigation system. The time for any distraction is not now.
- Lastly, keep your cool, and try not to make any sharp turns or brake quickly, which can cause you to lose control.
Be safe this year, and for more winter weather advice such as tips for driving in snow, visit us at Joe Holland Hyundai.