Myrtle Beach is an easy drive from Charleston, WV! If you’re planning on a road trip to Myrtle Beach this summer, here are some fun things to do along the way before you reach the sun, surf, and sand.
- South of The Border. Just past the North Carolina/South Carolina border on Highway 501 is this one-of-a-kind roadside attraction. It is known for its clever signs, a kiddie ride park, reptile lagoon, and so much more.
- Myrtle Beach Visitors Center. Find one of these along your route and pick up a handful of money-saving coupons to use during your trip.
- Seafood Capital of the World. Make a detour to Calabash, North Carolina and enjoy some deliciously fried shrimp and fish. There are also numerous gift shops.
- Georgetown Harborwalk. Head just south of Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. Here you’ll find some of the most beautiful views of the ocean along with great restaurants and shops.
- Sweetgrass Basket Stands. You’ll find these iconic basket stands along many of the routes heading into Myrtle Beach. These hand-woven baskets represent one of the oldest forms of West African art in the country.
These are just a few of the most unusual and fun ways to spend your time while on a road trip to Myrtle Beach. What are some of your favorite Myrtle Beach destinations?
Enter Joe Holland Hyundai’s Memorial Day Facebook Photo Contest! Joe Holland wants to thank our veterans and U.S. military members! Message us a photo of veteran or active duty member you know that deserves to be honored. We will upload the pictures into our Memorial Day Facebook Photo Album. The photo that receives the most likes will win a $200 gift certificate to the local restaurant of their choice, courtesy of Joe Holland Hyundai!
To enter, simply message us a photo of a veteran or U.S. military member that you know and we will upload it to our Memorial Day Facebook Photo Album. The picture with the most likes by 4:00 pm on May 27th will win!
Like our page on Facebook to learn about more promotions, offers, and to stay up-to-date on the latest automotive, local, and dealership news: https://www.facebook.com/joehollandchevrolet/
- Must live in the Charleston, WV area
- One entry per person
- Likes must be on the photo posted on the Joe Holland’s Facebook page – Likes on shared photos will not count
- Last day to submit a photo is 5/27/16 at 12pm
- Voting ends 5/27/16 at 4pm
- Winner will be announced on Facebook
Please contact Joe Holland for details or if you have any questions!
After a harsh winter, your car needs a little help getting back on its feet, so spring car maintenance is a must. Here are some things you should do when the weather starts to warm up.
First, check your fluids. They’re likely low or even dirty to the point of needing to be changed. Have your battery tested along with your spark plugs—if performance is low or they’re more than three years old, just replace them.
Check your tire pressure since cold weather lowers it, and check to make sure your brake pads, lines, and belts aren’t wearing out. Get new windshield wiper blades—after sweeping snow off your car all winter, your blades are probably too tired to keep up with spring rain.
Check out your wheel alignment and suspension as well. These can easily get knocked out of place when you hit big potholes. If you feel your car vibrating or pulling to one side when you drive, definitely check the alignment and suspension.
Clean, clean, clean, outside and in. Salt and slush that build up under your car can lead to rusting, and you’ll feel much better when your car is clean on the inside.