The price of gasoline may be low, but that sure doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t like to save even more, right? Here are some basic tips to increase your gas mileage, and therefore, your savings:
- Slow down. By reducing your speed can save you multiple miles per gallon, especially on long trips.
- Whenever possible, avoid idling your car. If you’re waiting to pick someone up or have become stuck behind a train – there’s no point to wasting your car’s energy.
- Therefore, it’s beneficial not to warm up your car for more than about 30 seconds. Your car will warm up quickly once you start driving.
- Reduce the weight of your vehicle. If you still have luggage in the back from your last trip, it’s lowering your fuel economy.
- Lastly, keep your vehicle in good shape! Properly inflated tires, quality engine oil, and a clean air filter will all improve your vehicle’s efficiency.
For more money-saving automobile tips, visit us anytime at Joe Holland Hyundai!